Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 10, 2009

10 - The Coups





Image - Coup 1 left, Coup 2 right





Since day one, I have not been happy with the state of the coups. On the ground the coups are covered with 2" thick carpet of saw dust and chicken poo. Stinks like buggary and the cob webs are black and hanging limp like in long thick strands upto 18". "Yuk" I hate every time I have to walk into the coups, in fact I dread it almost as much as attempting to pick up a chicken. Reminds me of the film "Indiana Jones", or worse. I have already mentioned this to the experts A & B and they have said leave it for now and we will access the situation within the next week, "Its probably really alright" says Bernie "just hold in there a little longer". "I will", I promise. I have already run this by Sweetie Pie but he says "its fine, you worry too much. Besides the set up those chickens have is more like a 5 star hotel". "Yeh But", I respond "perhaps if you were in Health and Safety for Chickens, you might feel differently". Sweetie Pie gives me a big engineering hug and plants an affectionate kiss on the top of my head. "Yeh but.. would you like to tread that muck bare footed" Got him at last - as I polish my nails on my t-shirt!! this is a man that would not tread sand at the sea side, let alone a chicken coup. Sweetie Pie responds "I would if I were a chicken"....

No comments:

Post a Comment